- Be Respectful - neither godmodding nor IC/OOC line-crossing will be tolerated. Likewise, we will not tolerate harassment of our members. We encourage our members to resolve issues between themselves whenever possible. We are, however, here if you need our assistance.
- Be Courteous - material that may be considered triggering and/or NSFW should be labeled and placed behind a cut with appropriately warnings.
- Have Fun - We're excited to be working with you to continue the legacy of ~lineart. Our community thrives because we have wonderful, creative members who are committed to our stories.
- Usernames should be out of character but relate to your character's comicverse (CV) identity.
- PBs (and CV identities) may be held here.
- We do not allow PB or CV identity challenges or overrides.
- Your PB must be within 5 years of your character's age.
- Your PB must be easily found via Google search. We expect 'official' search results such as IMDb, Wikipedia, model sites, or band pages.
- Your PB may not be deceased.
- All PBs must be 18+.
- CVs from Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image Comics, and Valiant Comics are welcome as long as they fit into the superhero/supervillain theme.
- Please note that licensed characters from these publishers are not allowed, e.g. Hellboy (Dark Horse) is now a playable cv but RoboCop (Dark Horse) is not.
- Each CV character claim includes all interations of the comicverse character that exist in different continuities, e.g. a player who chooses to write Batman is welcome and encouraged to draw from multiple points of canon and incorporate elements of canon from New Earth, Prime Earth, Earth One, and live-action versions. At this time, however, we do not allow comicverse characters to be drawn strictly from their TV and film versions, as those interpretations stray quite a bit from the comics.
- We encourage our writers to be creative and understand that exploring a CV identity through the lens of racebending can be fertile ground. This being said, we will not allow the whitewashing of CV identities of color. This means that if you choose a CV identity who is written as a POC, you may not use a white PB.
- We also allow transgender and gender fluid characters.
- Holds on PBs/CV Identities last for 72 hours, with an optional 48 hour extension granted if requested. It is up to you to know when your hold expires and to request extensions as needed. Please check the Taken List before placing a hold to avoid reserving a PB or CV that is already taken.
- Please drop off your application here. We require a biography including your character's basic information and history, as well as information regarding your CV Identity's powers and attributes. While we do not have a minimum word count for biographies, we do ask that they are detailed enough for others to get a good sense of the character to help build lines. In addition, your journal should contain both OOC and IC contact posts, both of which should be backdated.
- You must provide examples (two scenes and two narratives or journal entries), which may be dropped off at the dropbox.
- Current members are not required to provide examples but must disclose characters currently in game. Failure to disclose characters already in game when applying additional characters will be grounds for removal.
- We currently have a character limit of four characters per player. We also ask that players refrain from choosing CV identities that overlap with each other.
- Rejected applications will be deleted.
- ACTIVITY TRACKER - All members will be responsible for providing proof of required activity. Activity should be dropped off using the Activity Tracker.
- INTRODUCTIONS - upon acceptance, new characters must post an introduction and reply to responses before next adds. Characters who fail to meet this requirement will be removed and will be required to reapply. To intro, players can choose between posting a random post OR answering five questions from this question bank.
- MONTHLY ACTIVITY - Each activity cycle ends on the last day of each month. Each character must provide one 500+ word written or heavily coded update and two random, interactive posts per month. Random posts must have comments enabled in order for the post to be counted towards activity. Posts in excess of the monthly activity requirement may be turned in to earn points towards unlocking rewards.
- We will also do a mid-month activity check to ensure that characters are active. Characters who are up for removal will be announced during adds.
- CV WEEK - all characters are automatically signed up for CV week. Players will be able to opt out each month if they so choose. Characters who are added after the start of CV week are automatically opted out.
- FRIENDS LIST - please keep your friends list up to date so that newer members can view your updates!
- HIATUSES/EXTENSIONS - both extensions and hiatuses may be requested here.
- EXTENSIONS will extend the deadline for dropping off activity through the next round of adds. A character may not request an extension in two consecutive months. Frequent requests for extensions may result in a warning and/or removal.
- HIATUSES may be requested for a period of up to one month. A character returning from hiatus must provide at least one piece of activity prior to the round of adds following the character's return. A player may request 2 hiatuses in every 6 month period. If there are extenuating circumstances, please feel free to reach out to the mods to discuss possible exceptions to these rules. Please note that players that on hiatus should not be posting or commenting around on the friends page, ~pbads, or other public places, as this defeats the purpose of a hiatus! If we see this happening, a hiatus will be cancelled.
- PB CHANGES - PB changes must be requested via the dropbox and approved prior to a member switching over his/her/their icons. We will allow for up to 3 PB changes over the course of a character's stint at the community, but changing back to a previous PB will not count against that limit. We reserve the right to change this rule if we see that it becomes abused.
- CV CHANGES - we allow for one CV change per character. Changing a character's CV will require that the player undergo the application process for that character once again. Any previous CV history will be wiped out as if that character has never experienced a CV week before.
- RETURNING CHARACTERS - If a character is removed from ~skylines, either by the player's request or for inactivity, the player has up to 1 month from the date of removal to reapply that same character and retain all points earned as well as any unlocked rewards. Characters that are reapplied after 1 month will start over.
Alternately, upon leaving ~skylines, a player can also choose to bank any unredeemed points in ~rewards. Those points will be banked for up to 1 month and must be claimed within that time frame; otherwise the points will be discarded.